Full sleeve tattoo spans in the shoulder of a person to their wrist. It is either consisting of many small tattoos or it could be one large tattoo. It is called an entire sleeve tattoo because it is very alike to an extended sleeved shirt and can often be wrong for one. When you get an entire sleeve tattoo, many say that you are going to acquire “sleeved“. Sleeved also can reference being tattooed all over one’s leg. There is also a half sleeve or 3/4 sleeve, that happen to be sleeve tattoos that only cover half or one fourth of your arm. Generally, these are located starting on the shoulder, but you can also find others that start on the elbow at the same time.
Full sleeve tattoo pain, tips for a painless tattoo
- Stay Clean. Never go to a tattoo under the influence of drugs of any kind and this includes alcohol. Drugs cause the blood to become thinner and changing certain aspects of consistency that can cause both major bleeding as pain sensitivity.
- Trust your tattooist. It is important to choose a tattooist in which you can trust and with whom you have a good relationship. If you choose a tattoo artist, with which you manage not take very well or one that you do not feel comfortable, the experience of getting a tattoo can be uncomfortable and pain may be more noticeable. Tattooists have many friends, but you are the customer and you are the one who have right. Still, do not be a fool; do not overdo the session to the cries.
- Have determination and patience. Getting a tattoo is properly involving time can sometimes be longer than others, but worth it if the tattoo is truly a piece of art. So you must introduce the session with determination and patience that you will need according to the artist’s work.
- be honest with your tattooist. If the process will cause a too annoying pain, or if the pain is too unbearable or if you feel the need to stop work is very important that you communicate your discomfort tattoo because it can damage the tattoo. Professional and trained for such situations tattooist know how to act giving you a break or postpone the session to continue it and then make sure that the process is properly completed.
- Try to remain calm. If the pain is becoming something intense, but still think you can control it, you can concentrate on other things and so distract you from the situation. You can take a player with your favorite songs or you think you can help distract you from the pain.
Full Sleeve Tattoo Designs
Anything ideas and designs you come up with for your sleeve tattoo, make sure that it expresses your style and that you love it. Tattoos are for life, and you should think with awareness about your choice before you head into the tattoo parlor. When obtaining a full sleeve tattoo, usually one starts with one tattoo on the shoulder, and proceeds to obtain smaller tattoo designs around the arm every now and then, maybe each month or so, before whole arm is fully covered. It is also possible to choose to have it done in a day. However, it will probably take the entire day, and you might even if it is just finish the entire arm. For this reason, many people opt to have it done bit by bit.
Flames are very trendy designs for almost the whole thing you can find out there. These are best for Full sleeve tattoo, starting from the wrist and moving upwards. You can also choose to have it start at the shoulder and go downwards, but this is less common. You can also put other designs with the flames, as it is a very versatile design.
Celtic designs are also very popular as tattoos. There are very intricate designs with lots of details and are very interesting as sleeve tattoos. They may take time to do, but they are worth it in the end, because they are pieces of art.
Japanese Full sleeve tattoo
Japanese tattoos are very popular designs and are even considered to be a tradition in some places. They are very picturesque and have great meanings behind every symbol and sign. They are considered to be exotic and make good sleeve tattoos.
Tribal Full sleeve tattoo
These tattoo designs are easy to see even from far away, and are very noticeable. They take their inspiration from traditional tribal tattoos and you can even choose what tribe design you’d like to get. They are all beautiful and artistic.
Mostly women choose to have these kinds of designs, but sometimes even men can make them look good as well. Never underestimate the power of flowers on a tattoo.
If you’re afraid of the needle, there are other temporary full sleeve tattoo alternatives, like lace or mesh fabric that are put on the sleeve area. This cloth usually has nice designs printed on them, so it gives the illusion of a permanent full sleeve tattoo.
Full Sleeve Tattoo Ideas
Are you looking for Full Sleeve Tattoo ideas and inspiration? Here are some full sleeve tattoo design ideas that you can get inspiration from for your sleeve tattoo:
Images via: Instagram.com