33+ Perfect Matching His and Hers Tattoos [Updated 2021]
Every couple has a unique way to express love and appreciation for their significant other.
Getting “his and her tattoo” is an example.
Even people who aren’t keen on the idea of getting their skin punctured by a tattoo gun do it for the sake of love.
Deciding on a design is already confusing, to begin with.
Now add another person; it will be more time-consuming as you need to be sure the other truly like the design.
Reasons to get matching his and hers tattoos
A. Show you’re committed
Getting matching tattoos is a way to show that you’re committed to the relationship.
Though they don’t guarantee an eternal relationship, it becomes clear that he or she tries to give everything to sustain the relationship.
As a result, some people with matching tattoos end up getting married, which is heartwarming to see.
And anytime they go through rough patches, the tattoos can ignite something in them to fight for love.
B. Create a bond
There’s no need to look too far into the future.
Just a moment of you being together can be a good reason to have matching tattoos.
If you think that you’re inseparable and in need of a permanent mark to signify that, tattoos can do that.
Adding another to the equation makes a difference because now you’re not alone to search for an artist and pick a design.
There’s someone else you love dearly ready to offer a hand.
C. You love both tattoos
It makes sense to get a couple tattoos when both are tattoo lovers.
Someone passionate about this body art may keep adding new tattoos on their skin, so why not dedicate one or two for your significant other?
It doesn’t have to be deep or anything.
You can get matching tattoos for the sole reason that it looks cool.
Ideas for Matching His and Hers Tattoos
Finding the right his and hers matching tattoo from a huge variety of designs can be hard; therefore, here are some ideas:
- Something in common – do you have a shared cultural or religious symbol? A favorite team, poem, or verse? These can be good-paired tattoos.
- Half of something – many couples or friends like to get tattoos that come together like puzzle pieces when they are together. Like each person gets half a butterfly or half a heart. You can do this to say, “We make more sense when we’re together” or “we are meaningless without each other.”
- A zodiac sign or astrology symbol – zodiac signs are a big hit for twins or people who share the same birth month.
- Foreign script or symbols – Chinese or Japanese or Sanskrit or other foreign characters can bear significant meanings and offer unique designs.
His and her tattoo: king and queen
King and queen are rulers of an empire. And just like that, you both can also be rulers of the relationship.
This design isn’t always associated with love.
You can get it to show sovereignty over your own life.
For the record, king and queen tattoos are often represented with the crowns only.
Instead of an actual king or queen, a Crown could be a substitution because it’s a universal monarch symbol.
As for the meaning can convey some wonderful messages, such as leadership, power, and good luck.
Please recognize the difference before getting one.
The king crown typically takes a dome shape, while the empress has an interesting curvy figure.
His and her tattoo rings
His and her tattoos can either be identical or complementary to each other.
One example of matching tattoos is when one gets a ring tattoo, the other also gets the same exact design.
Meanwhile, complementary tattoos can manifest as bow and arrow tattoos.
Both are good in their way and have the same intent.
The same goes for the placement.
Couple tattoos can be placed on the same exact location or different ones but mirror each other, such as right and right hands or right and left hands.
Matching quote tattoos for couples
There’s a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, but it doesn’t make quote tattoos less meaningful.
Some people are good at visuals, while others have a way with words.
If you’re more eloquent and express things better with words, then quote tattoos can be a nice expression of your love.
Of course, that would be romantic to pick a quote for her tattoo as well.
That said, it’s probably better to keep it short, especially for a small tattoo.
There’s only so much a small tattoo can contain.
Besides, you may want to include other objects to make them more enthralling.
1. What does matching tattoos mean?
Matching tattoos symbolize affection and love.
They can be worn by couples and people not in a romantic relationship, like siblings and friends.
Other than that, matching tattoos also have a sense of unity to bring together people with similar interests.
2. What tattoo symbolizes loyalty?
There are quite a lot of them, actually.
From the animal kingdom, you can consider the elephants, doves, and swallows.
Some plants also convey the same message, such as daisies and sunflowers.
Daisies, in particular, are known to symbolize purity and patience.
3. Is it bad to get matching tattoos with your boyfriend?
The belief may stem from the fact that many people who get matching tattoos don’t end up in a marriage.
This leads to them removing the tattoo following the breakup.
Imagine getting one for every relationship you have.
It would be a mess because they will take to back to the times you were still together.
Therefore, don’t rush it, especially when it’s too early in the relationship.
4. Is it bad luck to get your partner’s name tattooed?
Not really, but what are you going to do with it when you go your separate ways?
Do you think your future lover or spouse would be okay seeing your ex’s name on your skin?
Just be careful with inking someone’s name on your skin because tattoos are permanent.
5. What are good matching tattoos for couples?
There’s a myriad of tattoo designs available, so it’s not an easy question to answer.
Every design could be a candidate for matching tattoos.
It doesn’t have to be strictly love-centric.
Even symbols that have nothing to do with love and affection can inspire matching tattoos.
Tips before getting your first ink
If you do not want to see an eyesore every time you look at yourself, follow these tips:
- Think about how the design will look on both of you – getting identical tattoos with someone choosing common symbols. While a little rose on your thigh may look sexy, the same on your boyfriend or husband’s hairy legs may look like a pitiful strangled flower!
- Choose the right spot – if you are getting a tattoo for a show, obviously choose an area that can best highlight your tattoo – hands, arms, or legs are popular choices. However, if you want to be discrete, your back, upper arms, or places you can hide with the right clothes are best.
- Think about the consequences – sadly, not everybody loves tattoos, so I suggest you think about it, especially if it may affect your reputation or gainful employment.
- Thoroughly discuss design and colors with the tattoo artist – make sure your tattoo artist can deliver the desired tattoo design. If he cannot, go to another shop or opt for a simpler one.
Making rash decisions on designs when you are under the influence or emotionally unwell can lead to very ugly body art and very regretful people.
Avoid getting a tattoo of passing fashion trends.
Remember, your tattoo is forever, so get one that reflects you and not what society thinks looks cool at the time.
Do not be scared to take the risk. Happy inking everybody!